Thursday, January 27, 2011

What Is This Blogging All About?

I should start off by admitting I have been a cheapskate all my life. Not to say I haven't enjoyed luxurious items from time to time, and even payed (gasp) full price, but it has always been a true delight to get a really good deal. When someone compliments me on anything, I have to resist the urge (not often successfully) to tell them how inexpensively I purchased the item.

Then a girlfriend invited me to come along to a couponing class. I had heard some of the gals talking about couponing, and thought it sounded interesting. I obviously didn't "get" couponing, because I just never saw a big difference with coupons. A lot of work, I thought, to save .25 here and .30 there...and then I took the class.

I also have to admit, my knee-jerk reaction to the class was "I am not going if I have to PAY real money for a class on saving money!" That's just how cheap I am.

But I went anyway. It was $15 for the class, but on the bright side, it was a 3 hour class and I felt like that was a good value for the amount of time we spent learning. I came home with a lot of information to soak in, and a lot of my original questions were answered.

So here I am, almost a year later, thinking about starting a blog. I think my Facebook pals might be bored of seeing my pictures and posting a lot of the really fun savings I am getting. Yet I know there is a wonderful community of people out here in cyberspace who support and share, so I thought this venture might assist me in that realm.

So here we go...

1 comment: